Astaxanthin is a super antioxidant which most people have not heard of. It has been linked to many health benefits.
What is Astaxanthin?
It is one of the most powerful carotenoids in the world.
It has been used for thousands of years in traditional Asian food products, pharmaceuticals, and supplements.
It is the red (risqué) cousin of Lycopene (a more well-known antioxidant).
It contains both lycopene and a unique nutrient derivative, quinic acid, which are good for the immune system, skin and digestive health, and even cancer prevention!
So how is this nutraceutical related to other nutrients? There are many nutrients which have multiple health benefits.
Astaxanthin is one of those – by many other things besides boosting antioxidant levels!
What are the Top 11 Benefits of Astaxanthin?
- It can boost skin health It’s a powerful antioxidant and is highly beneficial for the skin.
- It boosts the skin’s natural defense system which protects it from damaging free radicals and oxygen stress.
- It is so effective because it’s a powerful antioxidant, plus it is a carotenoid – which means it’s a naturally occurring pigmentation.
- It helps restore and build collagen – the “sticky stuff” in the skin.
- It’s a great source of Vitamin A which is a powerful antioxidant which is essential to reducing wrinkles and maintaining skin health.
- 2005 study shows that It helped improve male fertility by increasing sperm count.
How to get Astaxanthin
Sea foods like crabs, shrimps, salmon, krill, algae and crayfish are some of the best sources of astaxanthin.
Eating coloured sea foods like food mentioned above will help you get and absorb astaxanthin for its health benefits.
You can also get it as a supplement online or in many health and wellbeing stores.
Apart from the major benefits above, it is also a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids.
it will also help with blood glucose control, weight loss, and less insulin resistance in diabetics. In my opinion,
It may also be good for your eyes and brain.
We recommend getting Astaxanthin supplement from a reputable and well established health store for high quality supplements.